Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cuts, assembles, and joins leather and other parts of harnesses, following customer specifications concerning color and thickness of leather and size or type of harness, to fabricate new or repair damaged or worn harness: Traces outline of part on material.
- 2) Cuts parts along outline from leather or canvas.
- 3) Assembles and joins edges of parts, using needle and thread or stitching machine.
- 4) Inserts harness strap ends through buckles, rings, or other hardware, and loops and joins end to body of strap, using stitching machine or hand riveting tool.
- 5) Punches buckle holes in harness, using awl or punch.
- 6) Carves specified design on material, using handtools.
- 7) Laces leather thong around article to form decorative edge.
- 8) Applies paint and liquid dressing to harness to produce glossy finish, using brush or sponge.
- 9) Cuts lining from fleece, following pattern and glues it to inside of saddle or holster.
- 11) May specialize in replacing damaged harness parts, such as bridle, breast, or body harness and be designated Harness Repairer.
Is being a "HARNESS MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HARNESS MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HARNESS MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HARNESS MAKER"
Job Number: 4784