Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects parachute deployment bags and harnesses to detect defects in assembly, stitching, or webbing, using checklist: Unfolds back pad, seat pack, or accessory, such as protector flap, cone panel, ripcord pocket, or riser pocket, and examines them for flaws, such as defective material and stitching or loose eyelets.
- 2) Determines if accessories are at specified location, using straightedge, and pulls accessories to ensure that they are securely attached to seat pack.
- 3) Lays harness on table and checks measurements of straps and assembly points, using ruler or measurements marked on table.
- 4) Inspects harness for defects, such as damaged webbing, poor stitching, smears in silk screen printing, and attachment of component parts.
- 5) Marks defects with pins.
- 6) Lifts stitches with point of scissors to determine whether correct tension was used, and trims loose threads with scissors.
- 7) May be designated according to part or parts inspected as Back-Pad Inspector; Harness Inspector; Seat-Pack Inspector.
Is being a "HARNESS-AND-BAG INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HARNESS-AND-BAG INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HARNESS-AND-BAG INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HARNESS-AND-BAG INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 4788