Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends tumble drums, screens, and balance scales to test hardness of baked taconite pellets: Reads schedule to obtain specifications, such as furnace from which pellets are to be drawn and time of withdrawal, and notifies sampling personnel to prepare sample pellets.
- 2) Pours sample over screen, and weighs screened pellets on balance scale.
- 3) Dumps pellets into drum, and starts drum rotating for specified number of turns.
- 4) Screens tumbled pellets, and weighs them to determine weight loss from tumbling.
- 5) Reads conversion chart to obtain hardness number.
- 6) Records hardness number of samples tested.
- 7) May clean work area, using broom, shovel, and water hose.
Is being a "HARDNESS TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HARDNESS TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HARDNESS TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HARDNESS TESTER"
Job Number: 4778