"HAND SEWER, SHOES"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sews shoe parts, such as heel ends, plugs, and quarters, to vamp or raises decorative stitches in backstay of casual shoes: Soaks skived or nonskived parts in water to soften them.
- 2) Positions lasted shoe on pin jack and pulls and tacks parts to last with lasting tool.
- 3) Punches stitch openings in parts with awl.
- 4) Inserts waxed thread through punched openings to join skived shoe parts to vamp or raise decorative stitching in backstay.
- 5) Removes tacks and shapes seam, using lasting tool.
- 6) May hold unskived shoe parts in hand and insert metal tipped lace through perforations to join parts to vamp.
- 7) Smooths and polishes seams, using rubbing stick.
- 8) May join parts of unlasted shoes, pulling needle and waxed thread through perforated stitch openings.
Is being a "HAND SEWER, SHOES" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HAND SEWER, SHOES" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HAND SEWER, SHOES"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HAND SEWER, SHOES"
Job Number: 4760