Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates reciprocating power hammer to smooth and shape sheet metal used in manufacturing aircraft and aerospace products according to specifications: Reads blueprints and work orders to determine machine setup.
- 2) Installs dies in machine according to surface contours, size, and thickness and hardness of metal to be shaped.
- 3) Adjusts drive arm to regulate striking force of hammer.
- 4) Applies lubricants to surfaces of metal and dies to prevent marring.
- 5) Starts machine motor and depresses pedal to start action of hammer.
- 6) Moves metal under hammer to attain specified shape.
- 7) Observes metal during shaping to detect wrinkles and other defects.
- 8) Compares finished part with template or sample part to verify conformance to specifications.
- 9) Shapes part partially formed by machine to specified dimensions, using handtools.
- 10) Trims excess materials from edges of parts, using shears.
- 11) May push weighted roller over metal to smooth surfaces.
Is being a "HAMMER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HAMMER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HAMMER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HAMMER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4754