"GUIDE-BASE WINDER, MACHINE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends bench machine that winds thread around specified areas of fishing rod blanks to form base for line guides: Clamps rod end in chuck and adjusts rod supporting fixtures by loosening setscrews and moving fixtures until rod is level.
- 2) Feeds thread through playout device and needle eye.
- 3) Turns setscrew to adjust tension on playout device to specified pressure.
- 4) Slides playout devices along track until needles are adjacent to markings on rod, indicating where base winds start, and tightens setscrew.
- 5) Pulls length of thread through needle and clamps or tapes end to rod.
- 6) Depresses lever causing rod to rotate and playout devices to traverse along track as thread is wound around rod.
- 7) Stops machine and cuts thread as each area is wound to specified length.
- 8) Cements thread end to rod.
- 9) Inspects rods to verify that they are wound to specification.
- 10) Adjusts setup of machine to correct faulty winding.
Is being a "GUIDE-BASE WINDER, MACHINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GUIDE-BASE WINDER, MACHINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GUIDE-BASE WINDER, MACHINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GUIDE-BASE WINDER, MACHINE"
Job Number: 4726