Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Guards industrial or commercial property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry, performing any combination of following duties: Patrols, periodically, buildings and grounds of industrial plant or commercial establishment, docks, logging camp area, or work site.
- 2) Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- 3) Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels miscreants.
- 4) Inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- 5) Watches for and reports irregularities, such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- 6) Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
- 7) Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- 8) Permits authorized persons to enter property.
- 9) May register at watch stations to record time of inspection trips.
- 10) May record data, such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- 11) May perform janitorial duties and set thermostatic controls to maintain specified temperature in buildings or cold storage rooms.
- 12) May tend furnace or boiler.
- 13) May be deputized to arrest trespassers.
- 14) May regulate vehicle and pedestrian traffic at plant entrance to maintain orderly flow.
- 15) May patrol site with guard dog on leash.
- 16) May watch for fires and be designated Fire Patroller.
- 17) May be designated according to shift worked as Day Guard; area guarded as Dock Guard; Warehouse Guard; or property guarded as Powder Guard.
- 18) May be designated according to establishment guarded as Grounds Guard, Arboretum; Guard, Museum; Watchguard, Racetrack; or duty station as Coin-Vault Guard.
- 19) May be designated Guard, Convoy when accompanying or leading truck convoy carrying valuable shipments.
- 20) May be designated: Armed Guard; Camp Guard; Deck Guard; Night Guard; Park Guard.
Is being a "GUARD, SECURITY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GUARD, SECURITY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GUARD, SECURITY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GUARD, SECURITY"
Job Number: 4715