Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of guard force of establishment, such as industrial plant, department store, or museum: Assigns personnel to posts or patrol, according to size and nature of establishment and protection requirements.
- 2) Interprets security rules and directs subordinates in enforcing compliance, such as issuance of security badges, photographing of employees, and safekeeping of forbidden articles carried by visitors.
- 3) Responds to calls from subordinates to direct activities during fires, storms, riots, or other emergencies.
- 4) Inspects or directs inspection of premises to test alarm systems, detect safety hazards, and to ensure that safety rules are posted and enforced.
- 5) Examines fire extinguishers and other safety equipment for serviceability.
- 6) Reports irregularities and hazards to appropriate personnel.
- 7) Cooperates with police, fire, and civil defense authorities in problems affecting establishment.
- 8) May select and train subordinates in protective procedures, first aid, fire safety, and other duties.
- 9) May be designated according to rank as Guard, Captain; Guard, Lieutenant; Guard, Sergeant; or according to establishment served as Plant-Protection Supervisor; Security Chief, Museum.
Is being a "GUARD, CHIEF" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GUARD, CHIEF" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GUARD, CHIEF"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GUARD, CHIEF"
Job Number: 4712