Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects and tests finished grinding wheels for adherence to specifications: Inserts spindle in wheel, and mounts spindle on tripod.
- 2) Spins wheel and examines it for defects, such as heavy spots, uneven faces, and cracks.
- 3) Measures diameter and width of wheel, using calipers and tape measure.
- 4) Mounts wheel on machine that spins it at specified number of revolutions per minute to test it for cracks and soft spots.
- 5) Weighs wheels on balance scale and stacks them in pile according to grade and weight.
- 6) Marks defective wheels to be refinished or discarded.
- 7) May record number, size, and type of wheels inspected.
Is being a "GRINDING-WHEEL INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GRINDING-WHEEL INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GRINDING-WHEEL INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GRINDING-WHEEL INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 4689