"GRINDING MACHINE TENDER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends grinding machines that grind internal and external surfaces of metal workpieces to specifications: Starts machine, places workpiece in holding fixture or hopper, and engages automatic feeding device.
- 2) Observes machine operation, and removes and inspects finished workpiece to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as preset gauges, calipers, micrometers, and load test equipment.
- 3) Replaces worn grinding wheel, using handtools.
- 4) Dresses wheel, using preset dressing device.
- 5) May move controls to adjust depth of wheel cut, angle between workpiece and grinding wheel, wheel rotation speed, and feed rate.
- 6) May grind nonmetallic workpieces.
- 7) May prepare production records.
- 8) May be designated Centerless-Grinder Tender; Double-Spindle-Disk Grinder Tender, Spring End; External-Grinder Tender; Internal-Grinder Tender; Knife Glazer; Surface-Grinder Tender.
Is being a "GRINDING MACHINE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GRINDING MACHINE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GRINDING MACHINE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GRINDING MACHINE TENDER"
Job Number: 4685