"GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, UNIVERSAL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates combination external- and internal- grinding machine to grind external and internal cylindrical and tapered surface of rotating workpieces, such as tool, die, and machine parts, usually for limited runs, analyzing blueprints and specifications and selecting tooling according to knowledge of external and internal grinding procedures: Studies blueprint or layout on workpiece to visualize grinding to be done and plans sequence of operations.
- 2) Selects grinding wheel, according to knowledge of metal properties and abrasives, and mounts wheel on spindle.
- 3) Dresses wheel manually or with preset dressing device.
- 4) Moves controls and reads dials to set rotation speeds and feed rates.
- 5) Positions and tightens stops or cams to limit travel of workpiece or wheel.
- 6) Moves controls to feed grinding wheel to workpiece or vice versa manually or automatically.
- 7) Turns valve handle and directs flow of coolant against wheel and workpiece.
- 8) Verifies dimensions of ground workpiece, using such measuring instruments as micrometers, dial indicators, gauge blocks, and optical comparator.
- 9) May dress grinding wheel to specified profile, using special fixtures and tools.
- 10) May grind nonmetallic materials, such as plastics.
- 11) May operate tracer attachment to duplicate contours from templates or models.
- 12) May be required to have experience with particular material, product, or precision level, or with machine of particular type or trade name.
Is being a "GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, UNIVERSAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, UNIVERSAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, UNIVERSAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, UNIVERSAL"
Job Number: 4675