"GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, THREAD TOOL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates thread-grinding machine to grind internal or external threads on metal objects, such as worm gears and leadscrews, on custom basis, analyzing specifications and selecting tooling according to knowledge of thread grinding procedures: Studies blueprint to visualize grinding to be done and plans sequence of operations.
- 2) Selects and computes machine settings, such as positioning angles, rotation speeds, feed rates, and gear ratios, using knowledge of shop mathematics.
- 3) Selects grinding wheel, gears, and cams, using knowledge of thread types, metal properties, and abrasives, and installs them, using wrenches.
- 4) Positions and secures workpiece between centers or in chuck jaws.
- 5) Sets trip stops along calibrated rack to limit workpiece travel and activate wheel withdrawal.
- 6) Adjusts device to dress wheel to computed angles, and to set for automatic dressing during operation.
- 7) Moves controls to adjust, start, and control operation of machine.
- 8) Verifies conformance of ground workpieces to specifications, using such measuring devices as thread measuring wires, dial indicator, gauge blocks, and optical comparator.
- 9) May be required to have experience with particular type of thread, kind of computation, or level of precision, or with machine of particular type or trade name.
Is being a "GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, THREAD TOOL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, THREAD TOOL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, THREAD TOOL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, THREAD TOOL"
Job Number: 4674