"GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, CENTERLESS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates one or more centerless grinding machines to grind external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal workpieces to blueprint specifications, following tooling instructions and standard charts and applying knowledge of grinding procedures: Reads blueprint and job order for product specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground, and tooling instructions, such as grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used.
- 2) Mounts grinding wheel and regulating wheel on spindles with wrenches.
- 3) Dresses wheels to specifications, using dressing device.
- 4) Moves controls to set specified grinding speeds, feed rates, and spacing between wheel faces.
- 5) Positions and secures work rest at specified height, using wrenches.
- 6) Lifts and positions workpiece manually or with hoist, and secures it between wheels and on work rest.
- 7) Starts machine and observes operation.
- 8) Verifies dimensions of ground workpiece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and preset gauges.
- 9) Changes worn grinding wheels, using wrenches.
- 10) May set up automatic work-feeding device.
- 11) May grind nonmetallic materials.
- 12) May be required to have experience with custom or production work or with particular material, product, or precision level, or with machine of particular size, type, or trade name.
Is being a "GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, CENTERLESS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, CENTERLESS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, CENTERLESS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GRINDER SET-UP OPERATOR, CENTERLESS"
Job Number: 4670