Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates bank of roll grinders to grind grain into meal or flour: Opens and closes slides in spouts to route grain to various grinders and sifters.
- 2) Turns wheels to adjust pressure of grinding rollers for each break, according to grain size and hardness, and adjusts feed chutes to regulate flow of grain to rollers.
- 3) Inspects product and sifts out chaff to determine percentage of yield.
- 4) Adjusts rollers to maintain maximum yield.
- 5) Replaces worn grinding rollers, using handtools.
- 6) May sift and bolt meal or flour.
- 7) May clean and temper grain prior to grinding.
- 8) May direct workers who drain and temper grain and bolt meal or flour.
- 9) May be designated according to grain milled as Corn Miller.
- 10) May operate burr mills instead of roll grinders to grind grain and be designated Burr-Mill Operator.
Is being a "GRINDER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GRINDER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GRINDER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GRINDER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4664