Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that grinds approximate curves on lens blanks preparatory to fine grinding: Selects lens blanks as specified on production order.
- 2) Places lens blank in holder and positions holder and lens assembly on diamond lap I of grinding machine.
- 3) Lowers spindle of weighted arm onto lens holder to hold lens on lap.
- 4) Starts machine and moves control arm back and forth to grind lens blanks to specified curvature or holds lens blank against grinding wheel to grind blank.
- 5) Removes blank from holder and washes blank in water to remove grinding abrasive.
- 6) Measures blanks to verify specified curvature, using lens gauge.
Is being a "GRINDER, HAND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GRINDER, HAND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GRINDER, HAND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GRINDER, HAND"
Job Number: 4679