Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Grinds and chips weld splatter, high spots, burrs, slag, and rust from surface of fabricated metal structures and parts to improve appearance or prepare for painting, using portable or pedestal grinders, chipping hammers, and wire brushes: Positions workpiece on worktable manually or using jib or crane.
- 2) Inserts specified grinding wheel, wire brush, or cutting chisel into portable grinder or power hammer.
- 3) Pulls trigger to activate power tool and positions and guides tool along high or defective spots on surface of workpiece.
- 4) May chip or grind out pits or cracks.
- 5) Grinds portable pieces, using pedestal grinder.
- 6) May sharpen chisels and dress grinding wheel, using pedestal grinder or wheel dresser.
- 7) May paint fabricated parts, using spray gun.
- 8) May be designated according to tool used as Chipper II; Grinder IV.
Is being a "GRINDER-CHIPPER II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GRINDER-CHIPPER II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GRINDER-CHIPPER II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GRINDER-CHIPPER II"
Job Number: 4683