Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Grinds and chips workpiece to groove, bevel, round, or straighten edges or remove excess stock from metal as specified by drawings, job orders, or guidelines or to remove defects, such as shrink cracks and holes, using portable grinders, chipping hammers, pedestal grinders, and hand files: Positions workpiece manually or by using jib of crane.
- 2) Inserts selected grinding wheel or cutting chisel into portable grinder or power hammer.
- 3) Positions and manually guides tool along specified guidelines on edge or surface of workpiece.
- 4) Inspects work, using rule, straightedge, or template.
- 5) Grinds portable parts on pedestal grinder.
- 6) Removes sharp edges or burrs, using hand file.
- 7) Grinds, chips, or brushes off excess weld, splatter, and rust to improve appearance of workpiece.
- 8) Sharpens chisels and dresses grinding wheels, using grinder and wheel dresser.
- 9) May cut excess metal from workpiece, using acetylene torch.
- 10) May climb large assemblies to remove metal from improperly fabricated parts at direction of FITTER I or WELDER-FITTER.
- 11) May be designated according to tool used as Chipper I; Grinder II.
Is being a "GRINDER-CHIPPER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GRINDER-CHIPPER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GRINDER-CHIPPER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GRINDER-CHIPPER I"
Job Number: 4682