Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs art and copy layouts for material to be presented by visual communications media such as books, magazines, newspapers, television, and packaging: Studies illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of material, product, or service.
- 2) Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type, and arranges layout based upon available space, knowledge of layout principles, and esthetic design concepts.
- 3) Draws sample of finished layout and presents sample to ART DIRECTOR for approval.
- 4) Prepares notes and instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts for printing.
- 5) Reviews final layout and suggests improvements as needed.
- 6) May prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material according to instructions of client or supervisor.
- 7) May prepare series of drawings to illustrate sequence and timing of story development for television production.
- 8) May mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
- 9) May specialize in particular field, medium, or type of layout.
- 10) May produce still and animated graphic formats for on-air and taped portions of television news broadcasts, using electronic video equipment.
- 11) May photograph layouts, using camera, to make layout prints for supervisor or client.
- 12) May develop negatives and prints, using negative and print developing equipment, tools and work aids to produce layout photographs for client or supervisor.
- 13) May key information into computer equipment to create layouts for client or supervisor.
Is being a "GRAPHIC DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GRAPHIC DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GRAPHIC DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GRAPHIC DESIGNER"
Job Number: 4634