Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects and grades milled, rough-sawed, or dimensional stock lumber according to standards: Examines lumber on table, moving belt, chain conveyor, or in racks for defects, such as knots, stains, decay, splits, faulty edges, pitch pockets, wormholes, and defective milling.
- 2) Grades lumber, using caliper rule, to ensure specified dimensions.
- 3) Marks lumber to indicate grade and processing instructions, using marker.
- 4) Tallies pieces of lumber according to grade and board footage.
- 5) May determine cuts to be made to obtain highest marketable value from material.
- 6) May remove unsatisfactory pieces from conveyor or table and place pieces on stacks, in bins, or on carts.
- 7) May scale board footage, using calibrated scale on lumber ruler, and record results.
- 8) May be designated according to lumber graded as Flooring Grader; Green-Lumber Grader; or according to location of work as Dock Grader; Green-Chain Marker; Planer-Mill Grader.
- 9) May review work of other graders and be designated Check Grader.
- 10) May be designated: Dry-Lumber Grader; Milled-Lumber Grader; Puncher; Rough-Lumber Grader.
Is being a "GRADER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GRADER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GRADER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GRADER"
Job Number: 7603