Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets grade stakes to guide earth moving equipment operators in sloping highways and fill embankments, using measuring instruments and handtools: Reads survey stakes along highway right-of-way to determine grade specification for embankment.
- 2) Measures horizontally and vertically, in specified ratio, from survey stake to juncture of embankment and initial excavation, using survey rod and eye level.
- 3) Sets grade stakes, using hatchet, and chalk-marks excavation reference points on stake.
- 4) Repeats measuring and staking at specified intervals to form horizontal stakeline along embankment.
- 5) Observes excavating activities to verify conformance to stake references and notifies equipment operators or supervisor of deviations.
Is being a "GRADE CHECKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GRADE CHECKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GRADE CHECKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GRADE CHECKER"
Job Number: 10920