"GOVERNOR ASSEMBLER, HYDRAULIC"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles and adjusts mechanical and electrical parts to construct governors for hydraulic turbines, according to specifications, using pneumatic tools, handtools, gauges, and micrometers: Aligns motor mounts and motors on reservoir base and marks location.
- 2) Removes motors and drills and taps foundation holes.
- 3) Inserts steel pins in holes to secure motors to base.
- 4) Positions mechanical parts, such as actuator, kaplan, oil basket, strainers, oil ramp, hydraulic cylinder, valves, and subassemblies to base and inside of reservoir, to form governor unit subassembly.
- 5) Joins frame, doors, trim, and deck plates to assemble metal cabinet, using handtools.
- 6) Attaches governor unit subassembly to cabinet frame.
- 7) Assembles meters, gauges, indicators, switches, and control panels and mounts on unit.
- 8) Shapes conduit for electrical lines and laces electrical cables, using soldering iron to secure connections.
- 9) Assembles pump and fits pipelines, valves, vents, and pressure lines, using plumbers' tools.
- 10) Tests performance of completed unit for conformance to specifications.
- 11) Disassembles unit and crates and wraps parts to prepare parts for shipping.
- 12) Attaches name plates, marks, and other identification on items.
- 13) May machine and fabricate parts to complete job when drawing changes occur.
Is being a "GOVERNOR ASSEMBLER, HYDRAULIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GOVERNOR ASSEMBLER, HYDRAULIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GOVERNOR ASSEMBLER, HYDRAULIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GOVERNOR ASSEMBLER, HYDRAULIC"
Job Number: 4609