"GLUED WOOD TESTER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts laboratory tests to determine quality and strength of glued wood products, utilizing knowledge of wood species and glue: Soaks plywood in water for specified time and removes plywood from water to air dry, repeating procedure until glued plywood separates to determine soaking effect upon glue.
- 2) Glues samples of wood together, places samples in oven, and increases temperature at specified intervals until glued samples break apart to determine heat effect upon glue.
- 3) Tests tensile strength of glue, using pneumatic testing device to pull glued blocks apart.
- 4) Determines moisture content of wood by weighing sample before and after baking in electric oven.
- 5) Compiles test data and records results.
- 6) Examines and measures stock in various stages of production to detect variations from standards.
- 7) Prepares graphs and charts to show trends in waste of material and substandard lumber.
Is being a "GLUED WOOD TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GLUED WOOD TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GLUED WOOD TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GLUED WOOD TESTER"
Job Number: 4573