"GLUE SPREADER, VENEER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that spreads glue on both sides of precut veneer stock (crossbands or core boards) or particleboard before assembly into plywood or veneered panels: Turns valve on glue hopper above machine to fill troughs formed between application rollers and doctor rolls.
- 2) Turns handwheel, crank, or tension screws to space rollers according to thickness of stock.
- 3) Starts machine, scans stock to detect knotholes or large splits, and discards culls in handcart.
- 4) Feeds stock between rollers.
- 5) Observes level of glue in troughs between doctor rolls and rollers, and turns valve to replenish glue when level is low.
- 6) Periodically feels discharged stock to determine if glue is being spread evenly and if glue coating is sufficient to bond stock in panels, and adjusts rollers to correct defective gluing.
- 7) Cleans glue from rollers, using hot water or alcohol and brush.
- 8) May lubricate machine.
Is being a "GLUE SPREADER, VENEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GLUE SPREADER, VENEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GLUE SPREADER, VENEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GLUE SPREADER, VENEER"
Job Number: 4572