Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs glass in windows, skylights, store fronts, and display cases, or on surfaces, such as building fronts, interior walls, ceilings, and tabletops: Marks outline or pattern on glass, and cuts glass, using glasscutter.
- 2) Breaks off excess glass by hand or with notched tool.
- 3) Fastens glass panes into wood sash with glazier's points, and spreads and smooths putty around edge of panes with knife to seal joints.
- 4) Installs mirrors or structural glass on building fronts, walls, ceilings, or tables, using mastic, screws, or decorative molding.
- 5) Bolts metal hinges, handles, locks, and other hardware to prefabricated glass doors.
- 6) Sets glass doors into frame and fits hinges.
- 7) May install metal window and door frames into which glass panels are to be fitted.
- 8) May press plastic adhesive film to glass or spray glass with tinting solution to prevent light glare.
- 9) May install stained glass windows.
- 10) May assemble and install metal-framed glass enclosures for showers and be designated Shower-Enclosure Installer.
- 11) May be designated according to type of glass installed as Glazier, Structural Glass; Plate-Glass Installer.
Is being a "GLAZIER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GLAZIER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GLAZIER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GLAZIER"
Job Number: 4553