"GLASS-WORKER, PRESSED OR BLOWN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to produce pressed or blown glassware from molten glass: Balances gather on blowpipe, and blows through and simultaneously rotates blowpipe to maintain gather in globular form for blocking, redipping, or final shaping.
- 2) Moves controls that open hinged molds to receive gather for shaping by press or attaches blower head to opening of blank-filled mold and turns valve to admit compressed air that shapes blank to mold contour.
- 3) Removes glassware from mold, using pincers or fork, or catches ware from inverted molds on paddle and carries ware to reheating furnace, glazing machine, or lehr.
- 4) Strikes glassware with metal bar to break ware from blowpipe.
- 5) Removes excess glass from ware, using bar, hand cutter, flame, or saw.
- 6) Inspects glassware for defects, such as cracks, chips, and malformations.
Is being a "GLASS-WORKER, PRESSED OR BLOWN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GLASS-WORKER, PRESSED OR BLOWN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GLASS-WORKER, PRESSED OR BLOWN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GLASS-WORKER, PRESSED OR BLOWN"
Job Number: 4547