Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates automatic machine to roll molten glass into sheets: Positions glass-rolling machine between glass-melting tank and lehr, using power winch.
- 2) Connects drive chains to rollers and cooling pipes to waterlines, using handtools.
- 3) Ignites burner to preheat lip and raises knife gate on tank orifice to start flow of molten glass over lip onto rollers.
- 4) Raises or lowers upper roller to regulate thickness of glass and adjusts rheostat control to regulate machine speed.
- 5) Examines sheet of glass for defects, such as blisters and surface adhesions.
- 6) Monitors gauges and recorders and records readings, such as lehr conveyor and machine speeds, water temperatures, and rate of glass flow.
Is being a "GLASS-ROLLING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GLASS-ROLLING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GLASS-ROLLING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GLASS-ROLLING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4543