Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs glass in millwork products, such as doors, window sashes, china closets, and office partitions: Places door or sash on worktable and inserts precut glass in opening, or inserts glass as products pass on conveyor, using either of following methods: Inserts precut molding into window opening around edges of glass and taps molding against glass edges, using hammer and wood block.
- 2) Tacks molding to frame, using hammer or staple gun.
- 3) Fastens glass into window opening, driving glazier's points into frame over glass, using point-driving tool.
- 4) Presses and smooths putty into angle formed by glass and wood to make joint watertight, using putty knife.
- 5) May spread sealing compound around edges of opening before inserting glass, using air gun or knife.
- 6) May fit framed glass into openings in doors and screw frame to door, using screwdriver.
- 8) May be designated according to glass installed as Door-Glass Installer; Window Assembler.
Is being a "GLASS INSTALLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GLASS INSTALLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GLASS INSTALLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GLASS INSTALLER"
Job Number: 4525