"GLASS-CUTTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates automatic cutting machine that scores and breaks flat glass into standardized sections: Positions trip switches to adjust stroke of cutting bridges for longitudinal and latitudinal scoring of glass.
- 2) Manually positions sets of cutter heads on bridge or sets controls that position them to score glass into specific dimensions.
- 3) Turns controls to change height of bridges to adjust depth of scoring cut.
- 4) Adjusts timing mechanism to synchronize breaker bar to snap glass at score.
- 5) Starts automatic vacuum-cupped crane that lifts and transfers cut glass.
- 6) Starts machine to verify setup and to make necessary adjustments.
- 7) Measures cut glass with tape to verify dimensions and observes glass for irregular breaks and uneven edges.
- 8) Removes and replaces worn cutter heads, using handtools.
- 9) Maintains record of production, using counter.
- 10) May review work order to determine cutting sequence.
- 11) May direct workers who are members of cutting team.
- 12) May operate single cut machine.
Is being a "GLASS-CUTTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GLASS-CUTTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GLASS-CUTTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GLASS-CUTTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Job Number: 4537