Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates workers engaged in cutting flat or sheet glass to length from continuous ribbon of glass to facilitate handling or cutting glass to size on automatic or semiautomatic cutting machines: Reviews production schedules to determine cutting dimensions and cutting sequence.
- 2) Measures length and width of cut glass to ensure cutters are spaced correctly.
- 3) Gauges thickness of glass with micrometer to ensure that glass thickness is within specifications, and notifies glass drawing or rolling department of measurements.
- 4) Examines glass for flaws, such as stones, blisters, or cracks, to ensure maintenance of standards.
- 5) Examines equipment for malfunction and orders repairs, such as change of cutter heads.
- 6) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 7) May perform test runs to ensure cutting program on computerized cutting equipment is correct.
- 8) May supervise workers packing glass in shipping containers.
Is being a "GLASS-CUT-OFF SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GLASS-CUT-OFF SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GLASS-CUT-OFF SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GLASS-CUT-OFF SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 4534