"GLASS-BULB-MACHINE FORMER, TUBULAR STOCK"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates automatic, multiunit machine to form bulbs and other glass products from tubular stock: Loads glass tubes in feed mechanism and clamps collets around rods to secure and position tubular stock for molding process.
- 2) Observes operation to determine variations from prescribed temperature levels, and turns controls, aims burners, or places and ignites auxiliary burners to adjust temperatures.
- 3) Turns controls to regulate air pressure or vacuum processing in molds.
- 4) Adjusts stops and guides that control indexing and positioning of glass rods in machine units to correct alignment or timing of sequence.
- 5) Swabs molds with lubricant to prevent glass from adhering to mold walls.
- 6) Replaces defective air and gas lines and tubes, using handtools.
- 7) Inspects bulbs for color or transparency, size, shape, and wall thickness, using color panels, templates, and dial indicators.
Is being a "GLASS-BULB-MACHINE FORMER, TUBULAR STOCK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GLASS-BULB-MACHINE FORMER, TUBULAR STOCK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GLASS-BULB-MACHINE FORMER, TUBULAR STOCK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GLASS-BULB-MACHINE FORMER, TUBULAR STOCK"
Job Number: 4532