Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Shapes gather into glassware by blowing through blowpipe: Receives blowpipe from GATHERER and examines gather on blowpipe for imperfections, utilizing knowledge of molten glass characteristics.
- 2) Blows through pipe to inflate gather while rotating pipe to prevent sagging and to obtain desired shape, or blows and rotates gather in mold or on board to obtain final shape.
- 3) May dip end of blowpipe into molten glass to collect gather on head of pipe.
- 4) May strike neck of finished article to separate article from blow pipe.
- 5) May pull gather with tongs to aid in shaping.
- 6) May use compressed air to inflate gather.
- 7) May be designated according to article blown as Bottle Blower.
Is being a "GLASS BLOWER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GLASS BLOWER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GLASS BLOWER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GLASS BLOWER"
Job Number: 4509