"GLASS BLOWER, LABORATORY APPARATUS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Develops specifications for glass component parts and apparatus, such as test tubes, retorts, and flasks, used in medical and laboratory products, and blows and shapes glass to required dimensions, applying knowledge of glass technology and glass blowing techniques: Develops sketch into blueprint specifications, correlates product design, and determines type of glass to use to fabricate product, utilizing knowledge of factors, such as effects of heat, vacuum, and corrosive chemicals.
- 2) Heats glass tubing to pliable stage, using gas flame.
- 3) Blows tubing into specified form, using compressed air or own breath.
- 4) Shapes, bends, or joins sections of blown glass tubing, using flaring, pressing, and flattening handtools, and stop cork.
- 5) Inspects and measures product to verify conformance to specifications, using instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, magnifier, and ruler.
- 6) May anneal product, using annealing oven.
- 7) May cut glass tubing to specified size and polish tube edges, using hand cutting and polishing wheels.
- 8) May operate lathe grinder to join and shape glass tubing.
Is being a "GLASS BLOWER, LABORATORY APPARATUS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GLASS BLOWER, LABORATORY APPARATUS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GLASS BLOWER, LABORATORY APPARATUS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GLASS BLOWER, LABORATORY APPARATUS"
Job Number: 4510