Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Covers surfaces of items, such as books, furniture, harps, and signs, with metal leaf, such as aluminum, gold, or silver, to decorate them, using brushes, T-shaped handtool, and hands: Brushes sizing on sections of items which are to be covered with leaf, according to design.
- 2) Transfers leaf from supply book onto pallet.
- 3) Rubs camel-hair brush in hair to electrify brush and picks up leaf with brush, or picks up leaf with T-shaped, felt-edged tool, and lays leaf over sizing; or presses sheets or ribbons of leaf onto sizing by hand.
- 4) Smooths leaf over surface and removes excess, using brush.
- 5) Rubs leaf with polished burnishing agate, cotton pad, or gloved hand to polish leaf or simulate worn metal finish.
- 6) May brush or spray protective lacquer coat over gilded surface.
Is being a "GILDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GILDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GILDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GILDER"
Job Number: 4503