Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies physical aspects of earth, including its atmosphere and hydrosphere: Investigates and measures seismic, gravitational, electrical, thermal, and magnetic forces affecting earth, utilizing principles of physics, mathematics, and chemistry.
- 2) Analyzes data obtained to compute shape of earth, estimate composition and structure of earth's interior, determine flow pattern of ocean tides and currents, study physical properties of atmosphere, and help locate petroleum and mineral deposits.
- 3) Investigates origin and activity of glaciers, volcanoes, and earthquakes.
- 4) Compiles data to prepare navigational charts and maps, predict atmospheric conditions, prepare environmental reports, and establish water supply and flood-control programs.
- 5) May study specific aspect of geophysics and be designated Geomagnetician; Glaciologist; Oceanographer, Physical; Tectonophysicist; Volcanologist.
Is being a "GEOPHYSICIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GEOPHYSICIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GEOPHYSICIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GEOPHYSICIST"
Job Number: 4497