Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Explores and charts stratigraphic arrangement and structure of earth to locate gas and oil deposits: Studies well logs, analyzes cores and cuttings from well drillings, and interprets data obtained by electrical or radioactive well logging and other subsurface surveys to identify earth strata.
- 2) Examines aerial photographs, evaluates results of geophysical prospecting, and prepares surface and subsurface maps and diagrams depicting stratigraphic arrangement and composition of earth and probable deposits of gas and oil.
- 3) Recommends acquisition, retention, or release of property leases or contracts.
- 4) Estimates oil reserves in proven or prospective fields, and consults with PETROLEUM ENGINEERS concerning drilling and production methods.
- 5) May direct drilling of shallow exploratory wells.
Is being a "GEOLOGIST, PETROLEUM" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GEOLOGIST, PETROLEUM" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GEOLOGIST, PETROLEUM"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GEOLOGIST, PETROLEUM"
Job Number: 4494