Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines and compiles geological information to provide technical data to GEOLOGIST, PETROLEUM , using surface and subsurface maps, oil and gas well activity reports, and sand and core analysis studies: Studies geological reports to extract well data and posts data to maps and logs.
- 2) Draws subsurface formation contours on charts to lay out and prepare geological cross section charts.
- 3) Compiles information regarding well tests, completions, and formation tops to prepare oil or gas well records.
- 4) Records net sand and sand percentage counts and calculates isopachous values to compile sand analysis data.
- 5) Studies directional logs and surveys to calculate and plot formation tops.
- 6) Reads well activity reports and records key well locations in drilling activity book.
- 7) Assembles and distributes prepared charts, maps, and reports to geologist requesting material.
- 8) Maintains file record systems and geological library.
- 9) Attends SCOUT meeting to compile information on well activity.
- 10) Contacts competitors to acquire oil and gas samples from wells.
- 11) Operates computer terminal for input and retrieval of geological data.
Is being a "GEOLOGICAL AIDE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GEOLOGICAL AIDE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GEOLOGICAL AIDE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GEOLOGICAL AIDE"
Job Number: 4492