Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies nature and use of areas of earth's surface, relating and interpreting interactions of physical and cultural phenomena: Conducts research on physical and climatic aspects of area or region, making direct observation of landforms, climates, soils, plants, and animals within area under study and incorporating available knowledge from related scientific fields, such as physics, geology, oceanography, meteorology, and biology.
- 2) Studies human activities within given area, such as ethnic distribution, economic activity, and political organization.
- 3) Acts as adviser or consultant to governments and international organizations on subjects, such as economic exploitation of regions and determination of ethnic and natural boundaries between nations or administrative areas.
- 4) May use surveying equipment or meteorological instruments.
- 5) May construct and interpret maps, graphs, and diagrams.
- 6) May specialize in particular branch of cultural geography, such as economic, political, urban, social, or historical geography.
Is being a "GEOGRAPHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GEOGRAPHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GEOGRAPHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GEOGRAPHER"
Job Number: 4490