Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies inheritance and variation of characteristics in forms of life: Performs experiments to determine laws, mechanisms, and environmental factors in origin, transmission, and development of inherited traits.
- 2) Analyzes determinants responsible for specific inherited traits, such as color differences, size, and disease resistance to improve or to understand relationship of heredity to maturity, fertility, or other factors.
- 3) Devises methods for altering or producing new traits, making use of chemicals, heat, light, or other means.
- 4) May specialize in particular branch of genetics, such as molecular genetics or population genetics.
- 5) May perform human genetic counseling or medical genetics.
Is being a "GENETICIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GENETICIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GENETICIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GENETICIST"
Job Number: 2350