Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Diagnoses and treats variety of diseases and injuries in general practice: Examines patients, using medical instruments and equipment.
- 2) Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition.
- 3) Analyzes reports and findings of tests and of examination, and diagnoses condition.
- 4) Administers or prescribes treatments and drugs.
- 5) Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
- 6) Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- 7) Provides prenatal care to pregnant women, delivers babies, and provides postnatal care to mother and infant.
- 8) Reports births, deaths, and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental authorities.
- 9) Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- 10) Performs minor surgery.
- 11) May make house and emergency calls to attend to patients unable to visit office or clinic.
- 12) May conduct physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage.
- 13) May provide care for passengers and crew aboard ship and be designated Ship's Doctor.
Is being a "GENERAL PRACTITIONER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GENERAL PRACTITIONER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GENERAL PRACTITIONER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GENERAL PRACTITIONER"
Job Number: 4483