"GEAR-GENERATOR SET-UP OPERATOR, STRAIGHT BEVEL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates one or more straight-tooth bevel-gear generating machines to cut and shape straight teeth on metal bevel-gear blanks, according to machining instructions and knowledge of gear generating procedures: Reads blueprint or machining instructions to determine machine settings, fixtures and cutters to use, and gear type, dimensions, tolerances, and number of teeth to be generated.
- 2) Mounts workpiece on arbor and positions it to cutting angle.
- 3) Positions and clamps two cutters in toolheads, and positions cutter cradle to specified angle, using wrenches.
- 4) Mounts gears and cams in machine to control rotation speed and indexing of workpiece, cutting speed, and rolling motion of cutter cradle.
- 5) Starts machine, turns valve handle, and directs flow of coolant against reciprocating cutters and workpiece.
- 6) Verifies conformance of machined gear to specifications, using micrometers, master gears, and special gear inspection equipment.
- 7) May compute such data as gear dimensions and machine settings, applying knowledge of shop mathematics.
- 8) May machine plastics or other nonmetallic materials.
- 9) May be required to have experience with custom or production work, or with particular material, product, or size, type, or trade name of machine.
Is being a "GEAR-GENERATOR SET-UP OPERATOR, STRAIGHT BEVEL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GEAR-GENERATOR SET-UP OPERATOR, STRAIGHT BEVEL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GEAR-GENERATOR SET-UP OPERATOR, STRAIGHT BEVEL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GEAR-GENERATOR SET-UP OPERATOR, STRAIGHT BEVEL"
Job Number: 4470