"GEAR-GENERATOR SET-UP OPERATOR, SPIRAL BEVEL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates one or more spiral-bevel gear generating machines to cut and shape spiral or hypoid teeth on metal bevel-gear blanks according to specifications, machining instructions, and knowledge of gear types and generating procedures: Reads blueprint or machining instructions to determine gear type, dimensions, and number of teeth, and machine settings and cutter to be used.
- 2) Clamps workpiece in fixture or presses it on arbor, and positions it to cutting angle.
- 3) Positions and secures cutter on spindle in relation to workpiece, using wrenches and turning handwheels.
- 4) Moves levers to set cutter and workpiece rotation speeds in relation to each other.
- 5) Mounts gears, cams, or templates in machine to control indexing of workpiece and rolling motion of cutter.
- 6) Starts machine, turns valve handle, and directs flow of coolant against cutter and workpiece.
- 7) Verifies conformance of machined gear to specifications, using micrometers, master gears, and special gear inspection equipment.
- 8) May compute data, such as gear dimensions and machine settings, applying knowledge of shop mathematics.
- 9) May machine plastics or other nonmetallic materials.
- 10) May be required to have experience with custom or production work, or with particular material, product, or size, type, or trade name of machine.
Is being a "GEAR-GENERATOR SET-UP OPERATOR, SPIRAL BEVEL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GEAR-GENERATOR SET-UP OPERATOR, SPIRAL BEVEL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GEAR-GENERATOR SET-UP OPERATOR, SPIRAL BEVEL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GEAR-GENERATOR SET-UP OPERATOR, SPIRAL BEVEL"
Job Number: 4469