Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Gauges and tests amount of oil in storage tanks, and regulates flow of oil and, other petroleum products into pipelines at wells, tank farms, refineries, and marine and rail terminals, following prescribed standards and regulations: Gauges quantity of oil in storage tanks before and after delivery, using calibrated steel tape and conversion tables.
- 2) Lowers thermometer into tanks to obtain temperature reading.
- 3) Turns bleeder valves, or lowers sample container into tank to obtain oil sample.
- 4) Tests oil to determine amount of bottom sediment, water, and foreign materials, using centrifugal tester.
- 5) Calculates test results, using standard formulas.
- 6) Records readings and test results.
- 7) Starts pumps, and opens valves on pipelines and tanks to regulate and direct flow of oil from and into tanks, according to delivery schedules.
- 8) Reads automatic gauges at specified time intervals to determine flow rate of oil into or out of tanks and amount of oil in tanks.
- 9) Inspects pipelines, valves, and flanges to detect malfunctions, such as loose connections and leaks.
- 10) Tightens connections with wrenches, greases and oils valves, using grease gun and oilcan.
- 11) Reports leaks or defective valves to maintenance personnel.
- 12) Clamps seal around valves to secure tanks.
- 13) May gauge tanks containing petroleum and natural gas byproducts, such as condensate or natural gasoline.
- 14) May operate pumps, teletype, and mobile radio.
- 15) May clean pumps, machinery, and equipment.
- 16) May issue delivery or receiving tickets.
- 17) May record meter and pressure readings at gas wells.
- 18) May regulate flow of products into pipelines, using automated pumping equipment.
- 19) When gauging oil received from and delivered to terminals, tank farms, and refineries, may be designated Gauger, Delivery.
Is being a "GAUGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GAUGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GAUGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GAUGER"
Job Number: 4461