Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Dips punty or blowpipe into tank furnace to gather gob of molten glass for further processing: Reads product specifications to determine size of gob of molten glass to be gathered.
- 2) Immerses head of punty or blowpipe into molten glass in furnace and turns punty or blowpipe to gather gob of molten glass.
- 3) Twirls punty or blowpipe and blows through blowpipe to maintain gob of molten glass in globular form.
- 4) Hands punty to PRESSER or blowpipe to GLASS BLOWER for further processing.
- 5) May twirl gob of molten glass in container of alkali solution or in cavity of wet wooden block to form thin skin on gob of molten glass to prevent punctures in glassware during pressing or blowing.
- 6) May hold punty in mold while PRESSER cuts off required amount of glass.
- 7) May make head of punty from clay.
- 8) May reheat gob to retain shape and temperature.
Is being a "GATHERER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GATHERER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GATHERER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GATHERER"
Job Number: 4454