Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Guards entrance gate of industrial plant and grounds, warehouse, or other property to control traffic to and from buildings and grounds: Opens gate to allow entrance or exit of employees, truckers, and authorized visitors.
- 2) Checks credentials or approved roster before admitting anyone.
- 3) Issues passes at own discretion or on instructions from superiors.
- 4) Directs visitors and truckers to various parts of grounds or buildings.
- 5) Inspects outgoing traffic to prevent unauthorized removal of company property or products.
- 6) May record number of trucks or other carriers entering and leaving.
- 7) May perform maintenance duties, such as mowing lawns and sweeping gate areas.
- 8) May require permits from employees for tools or materials taken from premises.
- 9) May supervise use of time clocks for recording arrival and departure of employees.
- 10) May answer telephone and transfer calls when switchboard is closed.
- 11) When stationed at entrance to restricted area, such as explosives shed or research laboratory, may be designated Controlled-Area Checker.
Is being a "GATE GUARD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GATE GUARD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GATE GUARD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GATE GUARD"
Job Number: 4453