Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that singes nap or loose fibers from thread: Creels machine with packages of thread.
- 2) Draws thread from creel, lays individual ends of thread between teeth of expansion combs, pulls thread over gas burner, and loops ends of thread around takeup spools.
- 3) Turns valve to start flow of gas and lights flame, using spark lighter.
- 4) Starts machine that automatically swings flame beneath thread and observes flow of thread through machine to detect breaks in thread ends.
- 5) Stops machine and ties breaks in thread by hand.
- 6) Doffs spools of singed yarn.
Is being a "GASSER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GASSER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GASSER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GASSER"
Job Number: 4449