Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests, repairs, and adjusts regulators, relief valves, and related equipment used to control gas pressure in city gas mains and service pipes, pipelines, in-plant gas systems, and petroleum refineries: Dismantles regulator and examines such parts as springs, valves, and diaphragm for wear or deterioration.
- 2) Cleans corrosion and tar deposits from serviceable parts, using solvents and wire brush.
- 3) Cuts seat to receive new orifice, taps inspection ports, and performs other repairs to salvage usable materials, using handtools and machine tools.
- 4) Reassembles regulator with new and reconditioned parts, according to blueprints.
- 5) Connects regulator to test stand and turns screw adjustment until test-stand gauges indicate regulator inlet and outlet pressures are according to specifications for regulator and type of service.
- 6) Tests and adjusts pressure setting of relief valves in similar manner.
- 7) Records work done, pressure adjustment, and related data for each instrument.
- 8) May install regulators, and such related equipment as gas meters, odorization units, and gas-pressure-telemetering equipment.
Is being a "GAS-REGULATOR REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GAS-REGULATOR REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GAS-REGULATOR REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GAS-REGULATOR REPAIRER"
Job Number: 4447