Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests ability of gas meters to accurately measure specified volume of gas at maximum and average cubic-feet-per-hour capacity and adjusts meters to correct excessive registration error: Connects hoses from prover to meter inlet and outlet and raises prover bell until prover gauge registers zero.
- 2) Turns valve to allow measured amount of air or gas to pass through meter at specified flow-rate.
- 3) Closes valve and compares registration on meter gauge.
- 4) Screws fitting into meter outlet to retard flow of gas and repeats test.
- 5) Turns setscrews to adjust meter and repeats test until meter registration is within specified limits according to prover and meter gas readings.
- 6) Analyzes test results to determine cause of persistent registration errors.
- 7) Segregates meters requiring repair.
- 8) Records test results and date on meter card.
- 9) May maintain temperature of oil used as gas seal in prover within specified limits to ensure accurate and uniform test readings.
- 10) May test ability of flowmeters to accurately measure gas and liquid and be designated Flowmeter Test And Certification Technician.
Is being a "GAS-METER PROVER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GAS-METER PROVER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GAS-METER PROVER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GAS-METER PROVER"
Job Number: 4442