"GAS-METER MECHANIC II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to recondition displacement-type gas meters and governors: Cleans meter case, using wire brush or scraper, and places meter in grit-blast chamber to remove paint and soil.
- 2) Removes top, front, and back case panels and valve compartment panels, using soldering iron or gas-fired chamber.
- 3) Removes internal parts, including valve covers, valve connecting arms, and recording mechanisms, using soldering iron and handtools.
- 4) Cleans internal compartments and moving parts, using rags and cleaning compound.
- 5) Repairs internal partition seams, using soldering iron.
- 6) Replaces stuffing box, using handtools, and lubricates moving parts, using oil gun.
- 7) Attaches airhose to meter inlet, plugs outlet, and observes gauges for loss of pressure to test internal seams for leaks.
- 8) Solders top, front, and back case panels in place, using soldering iron.
- 9) Connects meter to water chamber fixture to submerge meter in water and observes meter to detect leaks.
- 10) Marks seams to identify leaks, using chalk.
- 11) Caps inlet and outlet of meter to prevent paint from entering system and places meter on conveyor of electrostatic spray booth.
- 12) Turns spray booth controls to paint meter.
- 13) Places painted meter in shipping container.
Is being a "GAS-METER MECHANIC II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GAS-METER MECHANIC II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GAS-METER MECHANIC II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GAS-METER MECHANIC II"
Job Number: 4441