"GAS-METER MECHANIC I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Reconditions, tests, and calibrates positive displacement gas meters, using handtools and test equipment: Dismantles gas meter case, diaphragm assembly, and connecting rods, using soldering iron and handtools.
- 2) Positions and solders diaphragm and diaphragm rings in dismantled meter case.
- 3) Inserts and solders flow-control valves in place, using soldering iron and guide wires.
- 4) Moves shaft connected to valve to test freedom of movement.
- 5) Adjusts shaft, using pliers, or resolders shaft to correct defective operation.
- 6) Solders index assembly in position and connects assembly to activating mechanism.
- 7) Moves activating arms to extreme extension to test freedom of movement.
- 8) Adjusts valve mechanism to calibrate meter registration in accordance with public utilities commission specifications.
- 9) Repositions and resolders connecting rods to provide sufficient clearance.
- 10) Resolders case seams to seal meter.
- 11) Attaches airhose at meter inlet to pressurize meter and test ability to register passage of low air volume.
- 12) Attaches pressurized meter to fixture which submerges meter under water to test for leaks.
- 13) May inspect, repair, and maintain gas meters used to measure volume of natural gas flowing from producing wells to processing plant and be designated Field Operator.
Is being a "GAS-METER MECHANIC I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GAS-METER MECHANIC I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GAS-METER MECHANIC I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GAS-METER MECHANIC I"
Job Number: 4440