Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs one or more of following tasks to test assembled and charged refrigeration units for refrigerant leaks: Adjusts controls to set balance and range of electronic leak tester.
- 2) Moves nozzle of tester along refrigerant lines, condenser, and compressor and listens for buzzer indicating presence of gas.
- 3) Narrows range of tester and probes area to pinpoint exact location of leak.
- 4) Turns valve of gas tester to adjust flow of gas to copper flame-ring and ignites gas.
- 5) Moves suction hose, joined to flame-ring, along surfaces of refrigeration unit and observes flame for change in color denoting presence of leaking refrigerant gas.
- 6) Wraps wet litmus paper around joints of refrigeration unit and observes paper for color change indicating refrigerant leak.
- 7) Marks number of defective part or joint on inspection tag, according to blueprint numbering chart, and attaches tag to unit.
- 8) Records number and location of leaks on inspection chart.
Is being a "GAS-LEAK TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "GAS-LEAK TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "GAS-LEAK TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "GAS-LEAK TESTER"
Job Number: 4434